Going Places, Making New Friends
Brownies (grades 2-3) work together, earn awards, and explore their community. Friendship, fun, and age-appropriate activities begin at the Brownie meeting and move out to the community and wider world.
Brownies that belong to a troop or group are guided by leaders who are taught by certified trainers. Leaders partner with girls, giving them opportunities to make decisions about their activities and to learn leadership skills within the group.
Girls can wear the Girl Scout Brownie Pin, showing they belong to Girl Scouts, and the World Trefoil Pin, signifying their membership in a worldwide movement. Brownies can purchase uniforms with either a sash or vest to display Girl Scout Brownie insignia
It's Your World—Change It!
What are the most important keys for a Girl Scout to own? This quest answers that question in a very special way. Along the Quest, Brownies will meet three new friends and a bright and shining elf, in a brand-new Brownie story meant to inspire their own Take Action Projects. The accompanying adult guide offers all the tips needed to create and maintain a sense of fun and mystery along the entire Quest. Instructions for a Brownie Brainstorm, Brownie Team Trade, and other activities ensure a quality and fun time for the girls.
Brownies are invited on a search. The three keys they will uncover along their journey are the keys of the Girl Scout leadership philosophy. Shhhhh! Don't give away the details! It's important to keep the fun and mystery going! As Brownies move through the journey, the Quest Master Map offers a visual record of their progress along the Quest. The girls have their own mini version of the Quest Map in their book.
- The Discover Key – To earn this award, each Brownie will discover herself and her values, both as a Girl Scout and a member of her family.
- The Connect Key – To earn this award, each Girl Scout Brownie will connect as a member of a Brownie Team, with her family on a healthy-living activity, and, as a group with their community to increase healthy-living opportunities.
- The Take Action Key – To earn this award, Girl Scout Brownies will team up to identify a community place where the team can Take Action. Then they join together to make a plan to Take Action and carry out their Take Action Project to improve their world.
- The Brownie Quest Award – At the end of the Quest, the girls also earn the journey's culminating award, the master lock that needs all three of their keys in order to open. Through this award, the Brownies will see that, together, their three keys—Discover, Connect, and Take Action—unlock the meaning of leadership.
It's Your Planet—Love It!
WOW! Wonders of Water
The Brownie friends and Brownie ELF enjoy some wonder-filled adventures as they invite the real-life Brownies to explore the Wonders of Water. As they dive in, the Brownies realize they can create another big WOW as they try out new Ways of Working as a team. Brownies learn about the water cycle through a "Green Tea for the Blue Planet," and enjoy making their own rainbows as they explore the precious resource of water.
The WOW! journey presents Brownies the opportunity to earn four awards. Girls begin with small, personal acts and then move out to purposeful teamwork that engages the larger community and influences its members in significant ways.
- LOVE Water - This first award encourages girls to become aware of the many ways they use and enjoy water. As they begin to understand the science of water and its importance in the world, they will also make a personal commitment to protect it.
- SAVE Water - The second award is earned when the Brownies team up and speak up as advocates to protect water or keep it clean in their community. Girls start thinking as a team about what they will do for water. By making an effort that moves beyond themselves, the girls begin to realize the impact that group efforts can produce.
- SHARE Water - Girls earn the third award as they create an even bigger ripple by sharing their efforts for water with others, educating and inspiring them to join in, and asking them to commit to a water promise.
- WOW! - Girls culminate their journey by earning the WOW! Award, a grand finale that symbolizes the powerful change they've brought to their community. They earn the award by showing proof of their SHARE Water efforts, and by describing how their efforts relate to the Girl Scout Law and how they have had an impact as leaders.
It's Your Story - Tell It!
A World of Girls
Stories teach Brownies clues about how they can create positive change in the world—change that affects girls.
- Hear a Story Award - Brownies see that stories hold clues for how to better the world.
- Change a Story Award - Brownies realize they have the power to change things for the better for girls in the world.
- Tell a Story Award - Brownies have the confidence and knowledge to educate and inspire others.
- Better World for Girls! Award - Brownies understand they belong to a large and far-reaching world of girls.
[What They Earn]